Home and Garden Practices to Help Protect our Lake and Land
Led by Marti Macinski and Maura Toole
Co-hosted by the Lodi Community Garden, the Lodi Climate Smart Community, and the Lodi Whittier Library.
Co-funded by Seneca STEPS and Lake Friendly Living, Seneca Lake Pure Water Association.
When: Saturday, May 7, 2022
Where: Lodi Whittier Library, Lodi NY
Time: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Drop ins welcome, no sign up needed.
FREE and In-person, all welcome
We wanted to provide you with some helpful information and resources leading up to this event.
- Parking is available in the library parking lot behind the library and on the main street. The program will start inside the library.
Agenda for the Day:
- We will begin the program with a presentation and Q & A by Maura Toole about simple practices you can do in and around your home to help protect our lake and land.
- After the indoor program, we will move outside to the Lodi Community Garden where Marti Macinski will demonstrate gardening ideas and techniques that support our lake and land health.
What to Bring / Wear:
- Layers for cold weather, boots or shoes for being outside
- Water bottle optional
- A mask optional (for the indoor portion of the event)
- You are welcome to take home a detailed Lake Friendly Living Guide and a post-it card with simple reminders of LFL practices. We will also have lawn signs and window decals for you to show your support for being Lake Friendly.
- The library will be showcasing a new collection of materials including children’s books about lakes and ecosystems as well as adult materials about climate change, resiliency, and activism.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday. Please feel free to reach out to Maura Toole with any questions. My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org my cell number is: 607-220-9142.
Maura and Marti