We are excited to announce that you can now make a 30 minute appointment to come browse or use a computer inside the Lodi Whittier Library!
How do I book an appointment?
- Call us at 607-582-6218
- Email us at email@example.com
What appointments are available?
We are accepting four (4) 30-minute appointments a day.
- Tuesday 10:00 – 2:00
- Wednesday 3:00 – 7:00
- Thursday 10:00 – 2:00
- Friday 3:00 – 7:00
- Saturday 10:00 – 2:00
What can I do during my 30-minute appointment?
- Browse for books
- Browse for movies
- Browse for magazines
- Check out any book/movie or magazine
- Check out a chrome book
- Use a library computer
- Fax/Print/Scan- we will be glad to help; all fees for the first 8 pages are waived at this time
What MUST I do during my 30-minute appointment?
- Wear a mask
- Keep the mask on at all times while you’re in the library or on our grounds
- Maintain appropriate social distancing when possible
- Enjoy being back in the library (well, you don’t have to do this but we predict you will!)
If I have an appointment do I still come to the Porch where Porchside Pickup happens?
You, lucky patron, come in the side door-the door nearest the drop box. Here’s how you do that:
- Park in our parking lot
- Put on your mask
- Arrive at our side door
- Put the materials you’re returning in the Drop Box
- Sanitize your hands using the sanitizer in the beautiful stand outside the door.
- Knock on the door so we know you’re here and can let you in
- Welcome to the Library!
Can I still utilize Porchside Pickup even if I sometimes schedule an appointment?
We hope you will do both!!
Is the Inter-library loan service up and running yet?
YES! FLLS has resumed the inter-library loan service. As of this writing (8.8.20), Lodi is receiving bags of books once a week on Fridays. FLLS has already quarantined the items for 72 hours so we add an additional 24 hours. You will be notified to contact us for pickup sometime on Saturday.
Beginning Monday August 17th, FLLS will be making two deliveries a week to Lodi. We’ll receive items on Mondays and Thursdays. We will continue to quarantine these items an additional 24 hours (after FLLS’s 72 hour quarantine) and then you will be notified that they are ready for pickup.
Why don’t my materials come off my card as soon as I drop them off?
Out of an abundance of caution and concern for our patrons, volunteers and staff, we are quarantining all materials for 96 hours after they are removed from the Drop Box. During this time, the materials will still appear on your account. We don’t charge late fees so even if things are “late” it’s just fine!
I still have questions. What do I do?
Please email Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 582-6218 with any questions you have. We are dedicated to providing you a safe way to enjoy YOUR library.